FAQ's & Common Problems for making your web page:
Why aren't my pictures showing up?
- Path problem
- Make sure your images are in the same directory as your .htm
(web page) files.
- Copy your images to your web directory first!, then start front page and
insert them from that directory.
- re-post your page, the page that you have the
- Also, don't forget to copy your images over
I made changes to my web site and it's not showing on the
- You probably forgot to copy it over ( unless you're working on the web server directly)
- Refresh the web page.
How to I make a link to my 2nd page?
- Note: You want NO path in your
hyperlink, just the file name (unless you really know what you are doing).
- After your done making your 2nd page
- highlight the text for your hyperlink on the
page you are linking from
- go to hyperlink
- type only the name of the file
- copy both pages to your web directory (the internet)
I can't get my pictures & text lined up exactly like I want,
how do I format them?
- Use Tables!
- Make a table, copy and paste or insert the pictures/text in the
- Then format (change cell size/width to to fit your needs)
- Make the borders of your table 0 in length.
- repost and see how it looks.
Why do I have to type the name of my home page into the web browser for it to show
- You didn't name your home page index.html
Other common problems:
- In front page always use
\\eup\dfs\webdir\dt123456\............. to access your web pages and make
- Use this way to get to pages when using
the web software
- If you want to see it or send your page link
to someone use http:\\users.edinboro.edu\..................
- So use this when sending an e-mail to me
- never send \\eup\dfs\webdir\dt123456\............. to me in an
- Never use \\eup\dfs\webdir\dt123456\............. as
a hyper link!
- All of your hyperlinks to pages you made will
just be the name of the file, for example,
- You can use the internet to steal stuff like background images, java script,
- If working on your page of campus, make a webpage directory on
your flash drive drive!
- Makes it easy to post to the internet
- Just copy the contents of the entire
directory every time you want to post to the internet