- Another way to access data in databases
- Takes care of:
- Relating to another page
- "Smart" web pages
- Builds on the Object Relational Designer in LINQ
- Uses templates for display
Steps to make dynamic data site:
- Must have Service Pack 1, not just the SP1 Beta
- New web site with Dynamic Data Web Site template
- Make the data link object
- Website -> add new Item -> LINQ to SQL classes template
- May need to rt. click on Data Connections in Server Explorer and add
the connection to the database.
- Open up the tables folder and drag the Product, Product Inventory,
and Location tables onto the screen.
- Open the global.asax file
- uncomment model.registerContex(Get........
- change 'YourDatacontexttype' to AdventureWorksdataContext
- Change the value of ScaffoldAllTables from false to true
- Rt click Default.aspx -> view in browser
- Play with page
This is customizable and extendable by editing the template files in the