- Always consider the dollar sign before copying formulas (50/50 if you need one)
- The "thing" after the dollar sign won't change when copying
- with formlas, if you are looking at a cell(s) outside the row , you probabaly need dolllar sign
- if looking at cells in in the same row the formula is in, you probably don't
Ask a question where the answer is Yes or No
- H3 < 7
- H5 >6 AND H3 < 12
If answer is YES do ...... (top box)
- If answer is NO do ..... (bottom box)
- IF comparing text use quotes, for example H4="Poor"
- If comparing numbers don't use quotes
vlookup (vertical lookup)
- Lookup_value -> the thing you want to take to the
table and look up. Usually in the same row.
- Will just be a single cell reference (no range!!)
- This NEVER has dollar signs
- Table_array -> the range of cells that is the table
- where you are looking things up against.
- this ALWAYS has dollar signs
- Don't include the titles in your table array!!!
- Col_index_num -> the column number in the table array
your answer is in.
- this will just be a number
- If asked for a payment use the PMT function
- Rate: interest rate divided by number of paymetns per year
- Nper: number of times your expected to write a check
- Pv: amout you are borrowing, put a minus sign first!