- This week we will analyze Appliance sales from 1960 to 1985.
- This data is from the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- The data is in this file
- This is a text file.
- Save it to your work space
- On the DATA tab, select Get External Data and choose
- Select the file you just saved and import it. (It should be called
- This data is Delimited and has headers, so select each of these
boxes and click Next
- It is delimited by tabs, the default, so just select Finish
- Place it in cell A1
- Row 2 should be deleted as should columns F and G.
- The data that is left represents sales of four different types of
appliances for the years 1960-1985.
- Change the headings to match the following
- Add a total sales calculation in column F.
- Add sparklines for the entire table in row 28
- Freeze the sheet at cell B2.
- Add each of the following charts. Your charts should match my charts.
- A column chart showing Dishwasher sales for all years.
- A pie chart showing all appliance sales for the year 1964
- A bar chart showing all sales for the years 1980 - 1985
- Note this one is tricky and you may need to select the data and labels
by hand using the Select Data tool no the DESIGN tab.
- A column chart showing all sales for the years 1960, 1970 and 1980. Add
a linear trend line.
- A line chart showing all appliance sales for the period.
- Make sure all charts are properly labeled/titled ...
- Make sure all data is well formatted and visible.