Formatting a Longer Document.
- Download this
- Add a table of contents at the beginning of the document.
- Add a page break between the table of contents and the text.
- Before the first paragraph, add Overview as a heading.
- Update the table of contents.
- Turn the items in the Advantages section into a bulleted list.
- Add the images of the staples from this
- Scale this picture so that it fits on the first page between the two
- Center the picture on the page.
- Add a caption that says "Some Staples"
- After the Etymology section, add the picture from here
into your document.
- Reduce the size, and place the image in the middle of the Etymology
- Add a caption to the image, "Staples in History"
- Add some a bit of clip art in the middle of the Staples in
- The text should wrap around this clip art.
- Add a caption, "A Construction Stapler"
- On the same page as the table of contents, insert a table of figures.
- Provide a heading Table of Figures
- In the first paragraph in the Paper Staples section, insert an
arrow pointing to the paragraph from the right hand side.
- Add the following hierarchy chart,
- Include the caption "The uses of staples"
- Do not include the Red marks.
- Using WordArt, make the document's title similar to that pictured below.
- Build an index which
- Is located at the end of the document.
- Is labeled with the word Index, which should appear in the table
- Includes a reference to the definition of staple in the first
- Includes a reference to all mentions of the word staple.
- Includes a reference to all mentions of the word stapler.
- Includes references to all mentions of the word fastening.
- Build a bibliography
- At the end of the document.
- Using the tools in word.
- The numbers in brackets , , and  refer to citations.
- There is a list of these citations at the end of the document.
- Use these to construct a bibliography, using the citation manager.
- Delete the plain text citations when you are finished.
- Make a cross reference
- Link the word uses in the overview paragraph to the Uses
- Add footnotes to the first paragraph
- The footnote to the word hammer should be "A heavy thing to hit
- The footnote to the word gun should be "A tool that shoots
- Make sure all tables are updated.
- Submit to D2L when finished