Git Instructions for our situation using Android Studio and codestore.cs.edinboro.edu
1) Go to codestore.cs.edinboro.edu, log in and create a repository for your project.
2) In android Studio:
- VCS -> Enable Version Control
- Select GIT from the drop down menu
- The file names should turn red now in the tabs (if you have any open)
- Make sure you are seeing the files, they should be red.
- Depending on your version this is either a the bottom under Version Control tab
- Or at the Commit tab at the left
- You can also go to the View menu and select to show Commit or Version Control
- Using this window select all the files in your project
- click the top one then scroll down and shift-click the last one
- Right click on the selection -> add to VCS
- They should all turn green
- Go to codestore and copy the URL from the address bar
- Go back to Anroid Studio
- Go to VCS->GIT
- het the "+"
- Paste the URL from codestore in
- Hopefully you have to login in , but you may not have to
- Select it and hit "OK"
Connect to original
- Make sure again all are selected except any VCS stuff down below in the Version Control tab
- Go to VCS menu again and Commit...
- or right click on the list of green files and choose commit.
- A dialog box pops up or a window is added. Add a comment in the Commit Message box about theses changes , if its the 1st time just put "Initial Commit"
- At bottom hit the down arrow next to Commit and choose "Commit and Push"
- You might get a box with Code Analysis, I usually just hit the "Commit and Push"
- Box opens, click the Push at bottom. Depending on your interface you should see the bar at the bottom right doing something, then a "Push successful" message
- That should be it. Go to code store, refresh and check that your program files are there.
- From here on in for this project you should only have to commit every time you make a change. You can just right click on the file that you changed in the version control or commit tab and commit.
- Go into codestore and add people who you want to see it, like your professor.
- Select the people you want to give access to
- Make them master.