Git Instructions for our situation using Android Studio and codestore.cs.edinboro.edu
1) Go to codestore.cs.edinboro.edu, log in and create a repository for your project.
2) In android Studio:
- VCS -> Enable Version Control
- Select GIT from the drop down menu
- The file names should turn red now in the tabs (if you have any open)
- At the bottom of the screen make sure you are seeing "Version Control" if not go to View and select that for the window at the bottom of the android studio editor.
- Using this window select all the files in your project ( I click the top one then scroll down and shift-click the last one)
- Right click on the selection -> add to version control
- They should all turn green
- Copy the URL from your codestore for this project
- Go back to Anroid Studio
- het the "+"
- Put the URL in
- Hopefully you have to login in , but you may not have to
- Connect to original
- Make sure again all are selected except any VCS stuff
- You'll need to add a comment about theses changes , if its the 1st time just put "Initial Commit"
- Commit Changes / Push -> that should be it.
- Go into codestore and add people who you want to see it, like your professor.
- Select the people you want to give access to
- Make them master.